How To Use Exem Foam Kit
- Dilute the 5 ml ExEm® gel with the 5 ml (purified) ExEm® water by mixing the fluids from one syringe through the coupling device into the other syringe (at least 10 times). This creates a gel foam.
- Leave the gel foam in one syringe and disconnect the other syringe and coupling device.
- Connect the syringe containing the gel foam to a suitable catheter and infuse the gel foam within approximately 5 minutes.
- Subsequently the Hysterosalpingo Sonography procedure can be executed. Attention: when
executing the Hysterosalpingo Sonography procedure use at least a 7 French catheter.
Storage conditions: the ExEm® Foam-kit shall be stored in a suitable room and at a temperature
not exceeding +25°C.
- Transport conditions: During transport of the ExEm® Foam-kit a temperature in the tolerance
range between +40°C and -10°C must be maintained. However, the Products may temporarily (no
longer than one week) be exposed to temperatures up to +40°C and -20°C.
- Important notice: Farco-Pharma GmbH, the manufacturer of the 10 ml syringe with purified water,
has extended the intended use of the purified water with “dilution of gels”.
Patents pending: NL 2003660.
In my opinion ExEm foam is quite simply the best contrast medium for HyCoSy to date (and in our unit we¹ve used just about every other over the last 10 years, with experience of over 1,500 procedures) — Stephen Killick - Retired rofessor of reproductive medicine and surgery at the university of Hull and Hull York Medical School.